COEN! designed the Interior Dutch National Broadcasting Channel in Hilversum, the Netherlands.
Description from the architects:
Netherlands Broadcasting Company: colourful pixel landscape
New interior design for the head office of the National Broadcasting Channel, located in three existing, dark buildings at the Media Park in Hilversum: this office space was re-created by COEN! to form a light, colourful and attractive working environment, with an ambience appropriate to a media concern. The design was based on the following points of departure:
- The specific identity of the National Broadcasting Channel is evident throughout the head office.
- All three buildings have been integrated to form a coherent and recognizable environment.
- The characteristic items used for the design are at the interface between applied and autonomous art.
- The interior design is timeless with colourful accents.
- In spite of the limited budget available, it was possible to create a powerful concept.
In 2006 COEN! redesigned the TV test picture to symbolize the National Broadcasting Channel. The well-known test picture was translated into colourful art forms on wall panels and window accessories throughout the media building. Based on the same design, a series of 16 colourful giclees was produced, which when taken together form the complete test picture. Each giclee is available in a limited edition of 50 prints. Each print is signed, numbered and framed in aluminium behind glass. They are available via COEN!
|Location||Hilversum, the Netherlands|
|Area||floor 6,000 m2|